Friday 28 November 2008

Magazine Front Cover


I first took a picture for my school magazine then created a plan. As you can see on the plan I have a layout which I am planning to use and some annotations.


To make a magazine front cover I used Adobe photoshop. I first took my image using a camera; it specified on the intructions it had to be a medium close up for a school magazine. I decided I would a high angle shot for my medium close up.


This is my original image before editing.


This is my actual magazine copy. To create this using Adobe photoshop I used airbrushing with the model's eyes; from the original colour brown I made them green. I then added text onto the image suing the text tool. To use a font which I thought I would download a suitable font to make my magazine unique. I used two different fonts Sans Serif and a Serif font. The reason for my image being landscape is beacuse I wanted to create a different type of magazine then those that already exist to add to my unique image. Due to it being a school magazine I wanted to keep it simple and ordered reflecting the way a school is run. The colours I used stand out in my opinion and are all related to the orignal picture.











1 comment:

Mr Lau said...

The magazine layout is slightly unconventional, but I find it appealing as it goes against the convention of a portrait magazine. This automatically intrigues the user.

I like the way you have stuck to a three colour house style. The green in her eyes is an effective way of attracting the audience too.


Being in landscape, this should mean that your table of contents (above) should also reflect this or may be a double page landscape spread.

I would also clone out the paper wrapper on the table in the background as it appears unprofessional.