Wednesday 17 March 2010

Third poster draft

This is the final draft of my poster. I think that my poster is simple as the main colours used are black and quite however I feel that that this reflects the main idea which the film is about. Black and white is opposite colours and has connotations with evil (black) and good (white). The main antagonist for the movie has a dual nature; this means this side of them is powerful and evil, whereas the other side to them is innocent and pure. This is the main reason why I have chosen to use these colours.
I have used some of the codes and conventions for a film poster as it has the name of the film “ETCH” which is written in a grunge font called “Due Date”. The reason why I choose a grunge font is because it is disconcerting and distorted around the edges showing that the teaser and film will be unsettling. The main reason for going for this impression is to confirm the genre for the film the teaser is created for., I created a billing box written in grey and a small font so that it doesn’t stand out and take attention away from the main image. The font used for the billing box is called “Steel Tongs” and this is common for all billing boxes on movie posters.
I have included a tag line: “your fate lies in the pill”, I think this is an appropriate tag line because it raises some suspicions in terms of what pill, particularly as I have excluded a image of the pill from my poster. This tagline also fits in with the horror/thriller genre; it could help entice the audience because it raises unanswered questions, mostly of what happens in the film and whether the outcome of the fate is good or bad. The main image is of the villain; I have used a mid shot, and had the villain character get into a running stance to make it appear they are running at someone. This effect is supported by the fact this image is placed in the foreground and not the background. The codes and conventions which I have included can be seen in some of the movie posters which I analyzed.

No comments: