Friday 20 March 2009

magazine cover

I have three different magazine front covers, this is showing the devlopment I went through in order to get the final magazine cover which is number 3. I used the same image in all three versions of the magazine, kept the barcode in the same place and used the same colours. The positioning of the main image has remained the same. The reasons why I needed to remove the othere image from the first magazine cover I produced was the audience would not know where to foucs there attention. Even though I like the layout it did not look relaistic as a music magazine which is why I needed to change it.


The reason why I changed the font of the masthead for the magazine front cover is because I believe that it spread across the 1/3 of the rule of thrid of the top very well and this was something that I saw many other magazines do. To make the image more important I made it even bigger to cover some of the masthead, this is also something I have seen many other magazines do and think that is effective in catching the eyes of someone. The fonts for the coverline and main coverline have also changed although I always started off with three different ones they all appeared to very eye catching and creative in there own ways which is not something that standard magazines did, so I thought it would be better if I had the coverline is a different font which was simple and the main coverline in a different font.


There has not been much change from the second to third front cover but there is a massive change from the first. The first front cover went against many of the conventions of a standard magazine which gave it a creative affect but not one that magazine would take.


In the first Front cover I designed he originally had black pants but I thought that it should be red becuase red was one of the colours which the audeince wanted to be used and there was nothing on the front cover that had this colour. I also prefered the red pants to the original black but did not use the red pants for the other versions of my front cover becuase I thought that pants drawed to much attention to where they are positioned and not enough to the cover line as these were in the same colour.

No comments: