Friday 20 March 2009

Doble page spread Mock Ups

I decided that I would have a mock up of three different double page spreads so that I would have more of an option when I needed to add the body text of the interview. ~The main aim of this was to look at positioning so although there are not many boxes I have written where I would place things. At this point I had not really thought about the colour which everything would be but knew I was going to use the body colours of my front covers, this is because the three colours which are red, blue and white are constant throughout the magazine. I tried to use a similar structure to the double page spreads which I have looked at.

Some Double page Spreads that I looked at:
From the reseach it Appears that columns and boxes are used to separate text, there is an image of the artist which the article is referring two. It appears that there has to be at least one image of the artist on the page however there can be more. There is also a clear C or Z line which is something I will have to consider when creating my double page spread. The question text and answers are written in different colour which makes it easier to distinguish which is the question and where the answers begin. The colours which are used on the page appear to be consistent on the page this means that a colour is used more than once and does not appear to be there randomly. Showing that thought has gone into the colours and layout of the double page spread. This is something which I should remember if I want it to look professional.
From looking at these double page spreads I will include an image as shown on my mock up in a box and will use one colour for the question and another colour for the answer.

No comments: