Monday 1 December 2008

content page

This is the first content page I did; I thought the colours, font and layout was really good and I liked it however it was portrait and the front cover of my magazine was landscape so I did it again (as you can see below). I changed the colours on the other version becuase I wanted it to match my magazine front cover. The reason for three of the text being white while the others are green is becuase I wanted to highlight them as they are the coverline which was shown on the front page.




I used Adobe photoshop to create my content page. I used the techniques I have previously learned from doing my banner and logo to create the actual page which it is on. I also used the skills I have aquired from downloading fonts to use as the font for the editorial context of the contents page. I looked at my previous work and tried to make it similar to what I have already done in order to keep a theme running through my work. Before I actually made my content page I created a plan which gave which provided me the basic layout whcih I wanted to create and allowed me to see how it would look when it was actually made. I l like my contents page becuase it is simple and in my opinion clear. I think that it also shows how all my work is similar and I use skills I have already leart and encorperated it into a different task. Some of the writing is in white and that is becuase it is related to the front cover. In the coverlines I wrote some text about what will be featured in the magazine; by making these pieces of text a different cover I am trying to make the reader aware of the artivcles that are included from the front cover. All the colours that are used in the content page was used in the front cover. I made it landscape because my magazine is an landscape magazine.

1 comment:

Megan Duffy said...

-It not too busy and the simpleness makes it pleasant to look at.
-Consistant fonts and colours.

-Include an image(s) to make it more appealing to the reader.
-Use text colours from front cover to create a theme.

=) x