Monday 6 April 2009

Final Contents

I choose the main colour for my content page to be black because it was the colour of my front cover. The red and white are used because it is consistent throughout my magazine. When I first did my magazine contents page I had it very simplistic and never had much text which made it look unprofessional compared to when I added in the editorial pillars and different colours. The two images on the contents page have a number on them; this number is the same to the number that is on the page of where the images belong. Eg 14, this will match with fashion because it is a image of clothing and that page is about outfits worn by other artists. I have included the main things which appear to be in a music magazine which are “Gig” and “new releases” as this was previewed in the magazines I looked at for inspiration and to gain an understanding of the way music magazines look. I like my contents page because I believe it matches the image of my magazine, thought everything is simple I think that it is effective and clear which will make someone want to read it because there is no confusion about what or where things are. Some of the things that were mentioned on the front cover are mentioned in the Contents page meanwhile other things aren’t. I think I mentioned some of the main ones on my front cover to attract an audience. This is also the reason why I have included editorial pillars to give the reader a little idea about what will be included, ultimately what I am trying to do is attract them so they will want to read more and find out. The fonts that are used are the same ones which appear on the front cover and this is just to improve consistency throughout the magazine. The reason why I decided to change the font from the first contents page was because I didn't think that it was clear enough which made it inappropriate but by changing it I think it looks more ordered and better. I am pleased with the way which it ended up at and if I was to change anything I might change the background colour to white or blue instead of black and maybe include another image by re arranging the text.

No comments: